24 X 24 BINGO Challenge, Accepted! Relive, Revisit, Rediscover Singapore
24 family-and-kid-friendly places: Are you ready for the 24 x 24 BINGO Challenge to rediscover Singapore?
Your next family holiday destination adventure is right here—in Singapore! With the December school holidays coming up and the festive season around the corner, surely the kids are eager for a chance to go out.
What better way to close 2020 and spread cheer than to get the whole family into the holiday spirit and make magical memories together. The good news is, you can do this without breaking the bank and without leaving the country. Kick-off your holidays with the most wonderful staycation, and rediscover Singapore with fresh eyes and from a whole new perspective. After all, there are plenty of gems to be discovered—and rediscovered—right in the heart of our very own Singapore.
SingapoRediscovers is a campaign launched by Enterprise Singapore (ESG), Sentosa Development Corporation (SDC) and Singapore Tourism Board (STB) to support local lifestyle and tourism businesses in Singapore, encouraging locals to revisit and rediscover the beauty and hidden gems of Singapore. Besides a plethora of deals and promotions on local attractions, tours, hotels and more offered under the SingapoRediscovers campaign, Singaporean citizens aged 18 years and above can also use your S$100 digital SingapoRediscovers Vouchers to enjoy some of these local experiences. The SingapoRediscovers Vouchers are available in denominations of $10 (e.g. 10 x $10).
Each Singaporean with family members below 18 years old - you might be a parent, grandparent, relative or legal guardian - is also eligible to purchase up to six subsidised child/youth tickets for attractions and tours. Each subsidy is up to $10. To browse the range of experiences available, please visit any of the five authorised booking partners' websites (Changi Recommends, GlobalTix, Klook, Traveloka and Trip.com). Declare details of any family members under the age of 18 at checkout. You will then receive $10 subsidies for up to six child/youth tickets. Note that any child/youth subsidies are automatically deducted from your checkout amount. For more information on the SingapoRediscovers Vouchers, click here.
Rediscover Singapore With The 24 x 24 BINGO Challenge
As you embark on your journey to rediscover Singapore, why not take on the 24 x 24 BINGO Challenge? We have prepared a social contest where you will get to snag attractive prizes. Here’s what’s up for grabs:
- 1st prize: Family-friendly room at Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore (worth up to $700)
- 2nd prize: 4x tickets to Universal Studios Singapore (worth up to $280)
- 3rd prize: 4x tickets to Sandbox VR (worth up to $200)
All you have to do to participate is to follow our itinerary with 24 activities to do and places to visit.
Here’s how to join the social contest:
- ‘Follow’ and/or ‘Like’ @stb_sg on Instagram and @stbsingapore on Facebook
- Save and download the 24 x 24 BINGO Challenge template (shown above): here
- Explore and visit as many of the 24 activities and attractions featured. Be sure to snap family “wefies” or photos while at any of these spots
- “Tick off” the activities/places in the boxes visited. This can be done digitally by striking off the activities/places featured on the 24 x 24 BINGO Challenge
- Upload your family “wefies” or photos, "tick off" on the 24 x 24 BINGO Challenge template and post on your social media and tag @theasianparent (ensure that your FB or IG page are set to public)
- It only takes 3 to win. Winners will be selected based on the number of activities “ticked” on the 24 x 24 BINGO Challenge The quality of the “wefies” or photos submitted will likewise be judged
- The 24 x 24 BINGO Challenge contest runs from 15 Dec 2020 to 31 March 2021, 23:59 hours SGT
The more attractions you visit and the activities you complete, the higher your chances of winning the prizes!
More On The Activities In The 24 x 24 BINGO Challenge
Rediscover Singapore With Peace Of Mind
Parents - be assured of your SingapoRediscovers adventure, as more than 20,000 individual premises have been certified SG Clean by NEA, the Singapore Food Agency, Singapore Tourism Board and Enterprise Singapore. The SG Clean certification offers visitors and locals peace of mind about the cleanliness and hygiene standards of local premises, which have implemented safety management measures and met strict SG Clean requirements. Here are 24 family-and-kid-friendly experiences for a whale of a time!
Sentosa Precinct: Revel In This Island’s State Of Fun With Wholesome Adventures For Every Member Of Your Family
1. Kick off the day at Hard Rock Café - Sentosa with a sumptuous breakfast sure to delight everyone in the family. Check out the kid-friendly menu for ages 10 and under. Your little ones will certainly enjoy their all-time favourites: Mac & Cheese, Buddy JR’s cheeseburger and more. Enjoy $5 off for every $25 spent in a single receipt.
2. Hop onto the kid-friendly Sentosa Island Bus Tour at 30% off, valid till 31 March 2021. Enjoy a bird’s eye view of the island at Fort Siloso Skywalk, catch a glimpse of the rich and famous at Sentosa Cove, and discover more about the beauty and charm of the island.
3. Take a heart-skipping ride on the Singapore Cable Car for a priceless 360° panoramic view of Singapore, Mount Faber's lush greenery, and the breathtaking Sentosa. Get the Sky Pass (Round Trip) tickets at 30% off, valid till 31 March 2021.
Little India Precinct - Revisit The Liveliest And Most Colourful Ethnic Enclave In Singapore
4. Stop by the Working Class Hero by ZERO mural along Hindoo Road for a quick photo pit-stop. Here, visitors come face-to-face with the deified Indian superstar, Rajinikanth. Zero is one of the street art trailblazers in Singapore, and the first street artist in Singapore to be awarded the NAC Young Artist Award in 2013 for artistic excellence and his role in paving the way forward for the street art scene in Singapore.
5. Visit the Sri Veeramakaliamman Temple, one of Singapore’s oldest places of worship, built by Indian pioneers. Stand in awe at the most venerated Hindu temple in the middle of Little India, dedicated to the Hindu goddess Kali.
6. Stroll along the Kampong Kapor Methodist Church, a spiritual and architectural beacon among refurbished shophouses located at Kampong Kapor Road, and take a family “wefie” against this handsome and historical white edifice while learning more about its grandiose past.
7. Stop by [email protected] by TraseOne, a work of art that captures the vibrancy of Clive Street, one of Little India’s busiest roads. Be captivated by the colourful mural of a traditional Indian dancer on the blue walls, easily spotted because of its brilliant colours that reflect the vibrancy of Little India.
8. Drop by the Indian Heritage Centre, a museum that showcases the culture, heritage and glowing and colourful history of Indian Singaporeans, and traces the history of Indian and South Asian communities in the Southeast Asian region. The iconic four-storey building is an architectural gem that houses five permanent galleries and a museum shop, as well as programming and educational activities and workshops catered for children.
9. Now it’s time for a little break. Pause for some light bites at Jaggi’s Northern Indian Cuisine and sample the best chicken and mutton biryani in the country. Children can enjoy a flavourful variety of naan or roti. They also offer a wide selection of vegetarian offerings if you wish. In addition, you can savour an à la carte menu at Bismillah Biryani, a heritage restaurant that has won the Michelin Bib Gourmand Award four times over. For teatime, their Samosa and Mutton Seekh Kebab come highly recommended.
10. The fun has just begun, as you head over to Mustafa Centre on Syed Alwi Road for some shopping. This is one of Singapore's most visited 24-hour shopping malls, a one-stop-shop retail outlet that holds a wide variety of household appliances, books, watches, electronic goods, footwear and children’s toys that are perfect for the family.
11. Stop by for another family “wefie” at the vividly colourful House of Tan Teng Niah. If you’re in need of some Instagram-worthy shots, this stop will be worth every click as it is one of the last-surviving historic Chinese villas in the neighbourhood, a vibrant remnant of what used to be an industrial zone. It is now a preserved landmark by the National Heritage Board.
12. Next stop is down Kerbau Road, for an astonishing view of the famous whimsical paintings of cows exploring Little India, titled “Cattleland 2” by Eunice Lim. It showcases child-like cows that represent the energetic diversity of Singapore. Fun fact: did you know that Kerbau Road is named after the cattle that used to be kept in the area?
Orchard Road Precinct - A Shopping Paradise With Bespoke Indulgences—From Luxury Retail To World-class Dining
13. Browse posh frocks for your little ones at Kids21 and trawl through stylish picks at Dover Street Market Singapore at COMO Dempsey. ‘Tis the season to keep up with what’s new and what will be expected in 2021 with Singapore’s best-loved purveyors of luxury adult and children’s fashion.
14. Drop off your kids (12 years old and below) for a bespoke playdate at Kids21Club at COMO Dempsey. Join the new Kids21 Club and walk through lively and animated activities that will inspire and engage creative and imaginative young minds. At the same time, parents can unwind for a drink at The Pantry COMO Dempsey, a hidden café amidst the verdant foliage at Dempsey Hills with both indoor and outdoor settings.
15. At last, dinner! Indulge in authentic and traditional Peranakan cuisine at the world's first Michelin-starred Peranakan restaurant, Candlenut at COMO Dempsey. Candlenut is the only place that offers inspired and elevated Peranakan dishes, using the freshest seasonal produce available. Take the chance to introduce your kids to Peranakan cuisine - a truly unique and luxurious gastronomic delight!
Photo credit: Orchard Road Business Association
16. After an indulgent dinner, you can walk along Orchard Road to help with the digestion whilst rewarding yourself and family with some retail therapy.
17. You may also consider BOUNCE a perfect venue for everyone with awesome activities to have fun, learn new skills and express yourself. They have activities that fits pre-schoolers, teens and adults.
Civic District - Rediscover Hidden Historical, Architectural And Cultural Treasures
18. Head over to Funan Mall, visit the PLAY LINE FRIENDS Store and snag cute keepsakes, stationery and more. Every LINE Friends fan will gasp and go giddy at this photo-worthy spot featuring their favourite LINE Friends characters.
19. Pop by Nasty Cookie Funan Mall for some handcrafted gourmet cookies and soft-serve ice cream layered on top, for that unforgettable dessert fix. This is one (or more!) treat you should never miss in Singapore.
20. Marvel at the 13-metre high Kinetic Wall Funan Mall. Witness the artful motion that kinetic art creates. This magnificent piece stands 13 metres high and 9 metres wide, featuring 1,271 motorised light blades that display festive greetings this holiday season.
21. Visit the Edible Garden City, the green rooftop garden on the seventh floor of Funan Mall. This 5,000-sq.-ft. urban farm is decked with lounge chairs, offering visitors a majestic view of Marina Bay and Fort Canning from either end of the building.
22. Pop by the character-themed Pororo Park Marina Square, Raffles Boulevard for the best holiday fun with your kids. The lovely theme park is every toddler and young child’s favourite play space in Singapore. You will meet Pororo the Little Penguin and his beloved friends, take a ride on the Pororo Express train ride, or have fun at the Pororo House, Shark Ball Pool, and Poby's Play Gym.
Photo credit: Marina Bay Sands Singapore
23. Get set to experience the best of Marina Bay Sands with several kids friendly activities such the Digital Light Canvas, Ice-Skating Ring and Sampan Rides.
24. Finally! Unwind with a family-friendly movie magic experience at Suntec City Golden Village. Conclude the challenge by sealing that family bond with memorable films such as The Croods: A New Age and The Witches, that everyone in your family will enjoy and cherish.
Best of luck and we hope you and your family will have a great time as you relive, revisit and rediscover local experiences. There is no better way to spend time with your family and taking on The 24 x 24 BINGO Challenge! A world of fun and adventure awaits you. For more information on promotions and deals for Singapore experiences, be sure to head to https://www.visitsingapore.com/singaporediscovers/singaporediscovers. Don’t miss out on these deals to make your experience even more enjoyable!
24 hour clinics in Singapore Central: A guide for parents
UberEATS Kid-Friendly category will make healthy weeknight meals a breeze!
Pregnant Woman Says She Vomited And Had Diarrhoea Over 100 Times After Eating at Eng's Heritage Northpoint City
Mum Killed In Crash While On The Way Home To Celebrate Son's O-Level Exam Results